Working together to understand and treat the complexities of the mind.
Premier Mind Institute
Premier Psychiatrist in Newport Beach
Welcome to the Premier Mind Institute, an integrative mental health center specializing in child, adolescent, adult and forensic psychiatry and individual, couples, and family psychotherapy in Newport Beach. Founded by Dr. Shivani Chopra, MD, who currently serves as the Medical Director for the Adolescent Partial Hospitalization program at the University of California, Irvine (UCI), we use evidence-based treatments to address a variety of complex mental health concerns. Our priority is the well being of our patients and their families. The Premier Mind Institute adheres to an exceptional standard of care, and we believe in working as a team with our patients, other treatment providers, and therapists to provide thorough assessments and patient-centered individualized treatment plans.
Shivani Chopra, M.D.
Allyson Wells, M.D.
Jessica Hines, M.A., M.F.T.
Barbara Nosal, Ph.D., M.F.T., L.A.A.D.C.
Chintana Shah-Gandhi, M.A., L.E.P.
Everardo Cabral, M.S.W., L.C.S.W.
Jessica Lindauer, B.A.
Areas of Practice
- Adjustment Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders (ie. Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, etc)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder and Developmental Delay
- Child and Adolescent Delinquency (ie. Oppositional Defiant Disorder)
- Eating Disorders
- Grief and Loss
- Learning Disorders
- Mood Disorders (ie. Depression, Bipolar disorder)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Parent Training
- Schizophrenia and Psychotic Disorders
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Tics and Tourette Disorder
- Chronic suicidality and self harm
- Child Custody
- Child Dependency
- Competency to Stand Trial
- Juvenile Fitness
- Testamentary Capacity
- Psychiatric Evaluation
- Medication Management
- Medication Management and Psychotherapy
- Psychoeducational testing
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Couples Therapy
- Supportive Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Group Therapy
Frequently Asked Questions
Follow up sessions are either 30-minutes or 60-minutes in length for our psychiatrists and 60-minutes in length for our therapists in Newport Beach, CA. Typically, 30-minute appointments are used for medication management and 60-minute appointments are used to provide psychotherapy and/or manage medications. Please be aware that a 60-minute appointment consists of approximately 10-15 minutes documentation time, and a 30-minute appointment consists of approximately 5-10 minutes of documentation time.
PSYCHIATRISTS: - Newport BeachInitial 60 minute evaluation: $500
60-minute session for psychotherapy and/or medication management: $350
30-minute session for medication management: $200
Forensic evaluations: $600/hour
THERAPISTS Newport Beach, CA:60-minute sessions for psychotherapy: $175-$225
Please be aware that our psychiatrists in Newport Beach, CA will provide enough medication to last until your following appointment. We ask that you do not ask a pharmacy to fax refill requests, as this is rarely necessary. As our providers strive to provide the highest quality of care, it is important that they evaluate patients regularly to ensure that they are adequately meeting therapeutic goals. As such, our providers are unable to authorize refills without evaluating their patients.
- If there is the threat of serious bodily harm to oneself or others, we are required to take protective actions, which may include notifying the police, notifying potential victim, or seeking appropriate hospitalization.
- If there is an indication of abuse to a child, an elderly person, or a disabled person, even if it is about a party other than the one providing the information, we must file a report with the appropriate state agency.
- If due to mental illness, one is unable to meet his/her basic needs, such as clothing, food, and shelter, we may have to disclose information in order to access services to provide for his/her basic needs.
- If a judge may require our staff’s testimony through a subpoena.
- ADHD Resource Page
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Policy Statement on Psychiatric Medications
- American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Institue of Mental Health (NIMH)
- American Psychiatric Association Mental Health Disorder Informational Brochures
- Medline Plus Medication Information
- Parents’ Medication Guide
- Autism Speaks
- National Institute on Drug Abuse for Teens
- Parents Helping Parents
- Mental Help
Newport Beach office:
Premier Mind Institute
4695 MacArthur Court, Suite 1100, Newport Beach, CA 92660
Ph: (949) 482-1600 Fax: (866) 620-MIND
Los Angeles office:
Mental Health Center at the Cedars Sinai Medical Office Towers
8631 W. 3rd Street, Suite 920E, Los Angeles, CA 90048
Ph: (310) 601-9999 Fax: (310) 601-9998