Working together to understand and treat the complexities of the mind.
PREMIER MIND INSTITUTE
Premier Psychiatrist in Newport Beach
Welcome to the Premier Mind Institute, an integrative mental health center specializing in child, adolescent, adult and forensic psychiatry and individual, couples, and family psychotherapy in Newport Beach. Founded by Dr. Shivani Chopra, MD, who formerly served as the Medical Director for the Adolescent Partial Hospitalization program at the University of California, Irvine (UCI), we use evidence-based treatments to address a variety of complex mental health concerns. Our priority is the well being of our patients and their families. The Premier Mind Institute adheres to an exceptional standard of care, and we believe in working as a team with our patients, other treatment providers, and therapists to provide thorough assessments and patient-centered individualized treatment plans.
Shivani Chopra, M.D.
Dr. Shivani Chopra is a psychiatrist in Newport Beach who specializes in child, adolescent, adult, and forensic psychiatry. She is triple board-certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in general adult psychiatry, child and adolescent psychiatry, and forensic psychiatry.
Michole Deesing, M.D.
Dr. Michole Deesing is a psychiatrist who specializes in child, adolescent, and adult psychiatry. She is board-certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Adult Psychiatry and is board eligible in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Jessica Hines, M.A., M.F.T.
Jessica Hines is a Marriage and Family Therapist in Newport Beach who practices psychotherapy with children, adolescents, adults, and families with a wide range of mental health concerns, including addiction.
Barbara Nosal, Ph.D., M.F.T., L.A.A.D.C.
Dr. Barbara Nosal is an individual, couples, and family therapist in Newport Beach who has been in the mental health and addiction treatment field for over 20 years. She has held managerial and clinical positions in a variety of treatment settings.
Everardo Cabral, M.S.W., L.C.S.W.
Everardo Cabral is Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Newport Beach (LCSW), who practices different modalities of psychotherapy with children, adolescents, adults, and families.
Chintana Shah-Gandhi, M.A., L.E.P.
Chintana Shah-Gandhi is a Licensed Educational Psychologist in Newport Beach and a School Psychologist who provides psycho-educational assessments for children, adolescents, and adults.
Areas of Practice
- Adjustment Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders (ie. Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, etc)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder and Developmental Delay
- Child and Adolescent Delinquency (ie. Oppositional Defiant Disorder)
- Eating Disorders
- Grief and Loss
- Learning Disorders
- Mood Disorders (ie. Depression, Bipolar disorder)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Parent Training
- Schizophrenia and Psychotic Disorders
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Tics and Tourette Disorder
- Chronic suicidality and self-harm
- Child Custody
- Child Dependency
- Competency to Stand Trial
- Juvenile Fitness
- Testamentary Capacity
Frequently Asked Questions
- ADHD Resource Page
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Policy Statement on Psychiatric Medications
- American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Institue of Mental Health (NIMH)
- American Psychiatric Association Mental Health Disorder Informational Brochures
- Medline Plus Medication Information
- Parents’ Medication Guide
- Autism Speaks
- National Institute on Drug Abuse for Teens
- Parents Helping Parents
- Mental Help
In order to schedule an appointment, please call (949) 482-1600,
email firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form below.
Newport Beach office:
Premier Mind Institute
4695 MacArthur Court, Suite 1100, Newport Beach, CA 92660
Ph: (949) 482-1600 Fax: (866) 620-MIND